DORIS delivered a feasibility study on behalf of client.
Client is exploring the potential to use renewable energy resources to produce green hydrogen and green ammonia in order to decarbonise its own fleet of trucks and vessels as well as commercialise H2/NH3 as fuel. Client has then investigated the best way to transport H2 by using existing sea transportation solutions. The project utilises 300 MW PEM Electrolysers.
Services delivered by DORIS
DORIS performed a feasibility study, exploring the conversion of LPGC / LNGC / VLCC to H2 / NH3 FPSO / FSO to produce and transport up to 2000ton of NH3 per day. Concept-level technical definition, cost and schedule estimates, and new build options have been developed as well as the following:
- Option screening criteria and descriptions (Alkaline VS PEM; storage, vessel…)
- Recommended codes and standards
- Assessment of concepts, advantages, disadvantages and risks
- Layouts and estimated facility size and weights
- Construction and installation method statements CAPEX and OPEX estimate (AACE Class 5, +/- 50%)
- High-level schedule (Level 1) estimates