Why join us?
We are looking to recruit personnel who are interested in working on energy projects that are significant, challenging, and varied. At DORIS, we maintain a creative, supporting working environment, placing our people at the core of our business and we are committed to a culture of staff development and retainment.
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind and Oil and Gas projects. The Senior Technical Safety Engineer will be working closely with DORIS’s Project Management and technical departments across all business units. We will invest in your continuous professional development, we offer a competitive benefits package and an exciting, growth-oriented, and supportive working environment.
- Conduct and, when applicable, lead small technical safety engineering and safety studies in support of Renewables and Oil & Gas projects and/or Safety & Reliability consultancy scopes of work with minimal guidance
- Provide input and support to ODE Asset Management, e.g. safety case support, safety studies
- Provide input and support to bids/tenders/proposals and ensure timely achievement of safety engineering-related deliverables
Scope and Responsibilities:
Organisation and Resources
- Perform and document safety/reliability studies & analyses in support of Renewables and Oil & Gas projects and/or Safety & Reliability consultancy scopes of work, e.g. Fire & Explosion Assessment, QRA
- Prepare design & engineering documents, drawings, layouts and technical specifications e.g., fire & gas detection layouts, fire protection philosophy etc.
- Produce and/or update Safety Cases, Design Notifications etc.
- Chair / scribe safety related workshops e.g., HAZID, ENVID, HAZOPs, SIL/LOPA
- Under guidance of the Director / Proposal Manager / Project Manager, prepare and plan CTRs ensuring all requirements are in place to provide fit for purpose deliverables to time and cost
- Within bounds set by Director / Project Manager, liaise with clients directly to assure client requirements are being captured and then are being met
- Assist with the development of Developing Engineers
Production and Efficiency
- Continue to develop core Technical Safety Engineering competencies across a range of areas whilst developing a few to expert level
- Support the development and update of ODE technical safety procedures, methods, and guidance
- When acting as Lead Engineer, efficiently lead other team members in the delivery of technical safety scopes of work
- Look for opportunities to add value to deliverables
- Support ODE Asset Management as appropriate e.g., offshore inspections, management of regulatory requirements, conducting risk assessments, providing training
- Provide assistance to Technical Safety & Environmental Manager as/when required
- Lead by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Perform detailed studies and analyses with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication with strong report writing
- Able to present cohesive arguments with attention to detail
- Multi-tasking with the ability to self-manage workloads and workloads of others to meet agreed timescales for delivery
- Awareness of applicable developing safety engineering technology and assessment techniques/methodologies
- Good working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes of practice, standards, and internal procedures
- Strong IT literacy
- High level of proficiency with a minimum of 2 analysis tools e.g. Phast, Flaresim, MAROS, AVSim, Pipenet
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics (if latter two then post-graduate studies in relevant safety engineering field are normally required)
- Substantial postgraduate experience in safety engineering (or substantial safety engineering combined with proven experience in a similar discipline e.g. process)
- Chartered Engineer with recognised institute e.g. IChemE, IMechE, Energy Institute
- Recognised SIL/LOPA & HAZOP Leader (or similar) certification highly desirable
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK