Why join us?
We are looking to recruit personnel who are interested in working on energy projects that are significant, challenging, and varied. At DORIS, we maintain a creative, supporting working environment, placing our people at the core of our business and we are committed to a culture of staff development and retainment.
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind projects. The Renewables Senior Project Engineer will be working closely with DORIS’s Renewables Project Management and the technical departments across the Renewables Division.
Working across multiple offshore wind farm projects, the primary focus for the Senior Project Engineer is to deliver scopes of work on Wind Farm projects. The Senior Project Engineer will support the end clients to deliver their Offshore Work Packages and also support on other live offshore wind farm projects including involvement on live bids, proposals, consulting, technical advisory and R&D design lead scopes.
- BEng or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Structural, Civil or related Engineering or above
- Chartered engineer (preferable but not essential)
- Post-graduation experience in offshore structural engineering
DORIS GROUP Benefits
- Modern and stylish Wimbledon HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- Hybrid working arrangement – 3 days a week in the office
- Generous Annual Leave allowance, with an additional holiday every 2 years’ of consecutive work up to 5 additional days.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous Parental Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme inlcuding Corporate gym discount
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Active social committee
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead projects or work with lead engineers to achieve a satisfactory conclusion of the project within the allotted budget and timescale.
- Responsible, as directed, for providing project engineering services to projects in various phases (design, construction, commissioning or operations)
- Work in a multi-disciplinary project team, to conduct design and analysis work independently and to the satisfaction of the project lead.
- Ability to act as a project engineer/package engineer/package manager on behalf of client.
- Deliver work packages from start to finish whilst understanding both theoretical and practical elements of foundations design, management, fabrication, and installation.
- Prepare Employers Requirements, review EPCI Design Basis and FEED studies.
- Contract management, preparation, and review of Technical Communication notes.
- Package / Contractor interface; various – HSE, QA and QC, consent compliance, stakeholder engagement and site conditions (geophysical, geotechnical and metocean).
- Manage Package Document Control.
- Assisting in Factory Acceptance Tests or audits of contractors and their sub-contractors.
- Assisting in the daily management of contractors once the Project moves into the construction phase
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed
- Managing interfaces between construction packages, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Consents Compliance and Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure that all design work under their control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with ODE and/or project specific engineering procedures
- Provide sketches, supervise drafting of drawings by CAD resource
- Preparing engineering model and reports
- Provide technical supervision to a graduate structural engineer
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Experienced foundation engineer, with OWF foundation design experience.
- Senior level (over 5-years’ experience in OWF).
- Experience with managing stakeholders and clients.
- Experience as Project Engineer with exposure to Offshore Wind Developments
- Experience working on Offshore Wind packages would be beneficial
- Experience working with external clients and teams beneficial
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills and management experience-
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good report writing skills essential
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. “Can -do” attitude
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS Group being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED