|Job Title:||Senior Project Engineer|
|Project:||Various – renewables|
|Reports to:||Head of Technical Services & Consulting (Renewables)|
|Qualifications:||BEng or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Structural, Civil or related Engineering or above
Chartered engineer (preferable but not essential)
Post-graduation experience in offshore structural engineering
|The Role:||Working across multiple offshore wind farm projects, the primary focus for the Senior Project Engineer is to deliver scopes of work on Wind Farm projects. The Senior Project Engineer will support the end clients to deliver their Offshore Work Packages and also support on other live offshore wind farm projects including involvement on live bids, proposals, consulting, technical advisory and R&D design lead scopes.|
|Scope of Responsibilities:||· Lead projects or work with lead engineers to achieve a satisfactory conclusion of the project within the allotted budget and timescale.
· Responsible, as directed, for providing project engineering services to projects in various phases (design, construction, commissioning or operations)
· Work in a multi-disciplinary project team, to conduct design and analysis work independently and to the satisfaction of the project lead.
· Ability to act as a project engineer/package engineer/package manager on behalf of client.
· Deliver work packages from start to finish whilst understanding both theoretical and practical elements of foundations design, management, fabrication, and installation.
· Prepare Employers Requirements, review EPCI Design Basis and FEED studies.
· Contract management, preparation, and review of Technical Communication notes.
· Package / Contractor interface; various – HSE, QA and QC, consent compliance, stakeholder engagement and site conditions (geophysical, geotechnical and metocean).
· Manage Package Document Control.
· Assisting in Factory Acceptance Tests or audits of contractors and their sub-contractors.
· Assisting in the daily management of contractors once the Project moves into the construction phase
· Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed
· Managing interfaces between construction packages, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Consents Compliance and Health, Safety and Environment
· Ensure that all design work under their control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with ODE and/or project specific engineering procedures
· Provide sketches, supervise drafting of drawings by CAD resource
· Preparing engineering model and reports
· Provide technical supervision to a graduate structural engineer
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks
|· Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
· Form part of the Emergency Response team as required by the Company Emergency Response Procedures
Competencies & Soft Skills
|· Senior level (over 5-years’ experience in OWF).
· Experience with managing stakeholders and clients.
· Experience as Project Engineer with exposure to Offshore Wind Developments
· Experience working on Offshore Wind packages would be beneficial
· Experience working with external clients and teams beneficial
· Commercial awareness
· Detail conscientious
· High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
· Strong work ethic
· Leadership skills and management experience-
· Ability to multi-task
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good report writing skills essential
· Confident and outgoing individual
· Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. “Can -do” attitude
· Strong IT literacy
· Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office