Prepare and update of Electrical deliverables in the renewables sector. Capable of contributing to many areas as part of a small project team. Capable of originating documentation and working with minimum supervision and external input. Capable of supervising and training staff.
In addition to the general Electrical competency, the candidate shall have particular experience in the design, sizing and specifying cables for the renewables field (array cables, offshore & onshore export cables), both static and dynamic. Experience in the installation and protection of the export cables is an advantage.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- To ensure the quality of work undertaken by themselves and others is commensurate with the goal of the activity considering the constraints of time and budget
- To support with competency the Engineering Design of Electrical Systems for Offshore and Onshore Installations, from Concept phase to Detail Design, actively participating to the production of Project Deliverables and Discipline Meetings
- Conduct Power System studies including calculation files
- Design of substations
- Coordinate engineering activities with other interested parties
- Represent DORIS with Clients on technical matters
- Prepare and update technical specifications
- Prepare and issue reports on electrical design
- Prepare and issue Enquiry Documentation
- Technical Bid analysis of electrical equipment and materials
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates (materials and manhours)
- Review Project Documents produced by third parties
- Direct and lead other junior engineers and designers as required
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Responsible for SHEQ activities
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety leadership
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System
Competencies & Soft Skills:
Electrical engineer, with experience as an electrical engineer in Offshore Wind Renewables projects.
Candidate should have:
- Software experience:
- ETAP or DIgSILENT
- PS CAD
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter.
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and Overseas
- Good ability to work own initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude
Candidates must hold a minimum of Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering combined with 5+ years of professional experience in design and engineering. Candidate must be registered with an Engineering Council or equivalent and preferably a Chartered Engineer.
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind projects. You will work closely with Senior Management, other technical departments across the Divisions in assisting with our clients project requirements.
DORIS GROUP Benefits
- Modern and stylish Wimbledon HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Generous Annual Leave allowance, with an additional holiday every 2 years’ of consecutive work up to 5 additional days
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous Parental Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme including Corporate gym discount
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Active social committee
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS GROUP being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED