At DORIS, we have more than 20 years of expertise in the offshore wind industry. We deliver for our customers by providing safe and efficient multi-disciplinary engineering designs and managing the fabrication and construction of innovative, industry-leading projects worldwide, including floating offshore wind. We conduct feasibility studies, concept engineering, front-end engineering and detailed design. We also provide complete owner’s engineering and project management services. We have 1000+ employees across 21 offices on six continents, and we’re seeking an Offshore Wind Project Manager to join our team.
Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do. The energy transition is unprecedented in scale and revolution, with Australia’s response driven by the Paris Agreement and its 2030 target of 82 per cent renewables. An exciting opportunity for an Offshore Wind Specialist to join DORIS in Perth, Australia, has materialised. Offshore wind is set to bring new supply opportunities to Australian shores as it aims to have 20 GW of offshore wind by 2030. As such, we are seeking someone to join us and take the lead in devising our strategy whilst actively supporting the delivery of our projects in the APAC region.
You will take a Lead role within the Renewables Energy Team, managing and developing live and future projects. You’ll be at the forefront of driving Australia’s renewable energy transition, making a real difference for our customers and leading the charge to bring more renewable energy to the region. This role sits within a team of experts on domestic renewable energy – leading DORIS’ work to develop market-leading propositions, initiatives and innovations in renewable projects across APAC.
Scope of Responsibilities:
A key responsibility will be to ensure the expertise and delivery capability, tools, and processes available in the DORIS APAC region are of high quality with access to global, best-in-class innovation and technology.
Support for business development and proposals will be required to secure new work, requiring input to strategy, client interaction, and proposal input.
The role will require a demonstrated Technical and Business Development capability within an Engineering Services Company and a strong background in all critical stages of the renewable project life cycle. A good understanding of technical and non-technical project drivers and constraints is also required.
With the DORIS Group being a diverse and global organisation, the role will require strong communication and team skills to facilitate the coordination and integration of critical capabilities and resources potentially present in numerous locations that will be necessary to deliver projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Competence:
- Senior, respected energy professional who conducts themselves with integrity and composure, representing DORIS’ values, policies and principles.
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering OWF engineering design projects (primarily pre-FID, e.g., concept/feasibility studies, pre-FEED and FEED), including planning and control, set-up and coordination of multi-discipline teams, and interface with client and third-party teams.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and delivering innovative OWF engineering design, with a drive to maintain the expertise and delivery capability, tools and processes available in the DORIS APAC region at a world-class with access to global, best-in-class innovation and technology.
- Demonstrated capability in business line management within an Engineering Services Company, including setting and achieving performance targets.
- Ability to support Business Development and Proposals in securing new scopes of work, with estimation of resources and effort required.
- Strong background in all critical stages of an OWF development project life cycle and a good understanding of technical and non-technical project drivers and constraints.
- Excellent communication and team skills to facilitate the coordination and integration of critical capabilities and resources potentially present in numerous locations required to deliver projects.
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience delivering Offshore Wind projects within the Energy industry.
- Degree in Engineering
What is in it for you?
- The most significant advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working across multidisciplinary teams and supporting global and diverse projects across Renewables and Conventional Energy sectors.
- Innovative and exciting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs, offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary and Flexible benefits package, with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market. Relocation assistance for expatriates
- Commitment to continued professional development
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to everyone who applies personally due to the high volume of applicants. Still, we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics by the relevant governing laws.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group must legally verify your right to work in Australia.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in Australia will be considered alongside other applicants.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply