At DORIS we have more than 20 years of expertise in the offshore wind industry. We deliver for our customers by providing safe and efficient multi-disciplinary engineering designs and managing fabrication and construction of innovative, industry-leading projects worldwide, including floating offshore wind. We carry out feasibility studies, concept engineering, front end engineering and detailed design. We also provide full owner’s engineering and project management services. We are 1000+ employees across 21 offices on six continents and we’re seeking an Offshore Wind Project Manager to join our team.
Managing a multidisciplinary team of engineers to deliver our project services for offshore wind clients safely, on schedule and to budget. You will support or lead the technical proposals, plan and control the project, manage the relationship the client, lead the team and manage the delivery of the scope. You may be accountable for one or more projects depending on scale; projects typically range from £100k to £5m in value.
You will have a strong engineering or technical background and be used to working with, and leading, multidisciplinary teams. You will be very familiar with all the systems, components and interfaces of an offshore wind farm and confident in communicating to team members and the client. You will fully understand the development and engineering design phases and processes of an offshore wind farm. You will be driven by safety, efficiency, and delivery, seeking to improve our methods using digitalisation and innovation, speeding up the issue of quality work to our customers supporting our goal to be the engineering services provider of choice for our customers.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Accountable for the management & leadership of offshore wind farm engineering service projects including setting up and controlling; safety of work and in design, quality, environment, document control, risk & opportunity, change, interfaces, resources, schedule & cost (budgeting, forecasting, contingency, applications for payment & invoicing etc).
- Identify changes to contract scope and ensure client is aware and variation orders are signed prior to work.
- Exemplary safety behaviour and leadership.
- Client relationship with the client’s project contact.
- Progress reporting to senior management and client.
- Proactive and preventative actions to identify and provide early warning project issues or risks and propose or implement corrections or mitigations.
- Lead procurement of subcontract services and manage subcontracts.
- Ensure compliance with company integrated management system, project management plan and engineering and quality procedures
- Lead or support planning and writing technical proposals and associated cost, time and resource estimates.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or science subject or a lower qualification with extensive relevant experience
- Experience in the role of project or engineering manager in offshore wind for a significant section of work
- Strong understanding of all the systems, components and interfaces of an offshore wind farm to the point of connection with the electrical grid.
- Strong understanding of the process of development, engineering, fabrication, construction, operation and maintenance of an offshore wind farm.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Successful team leadership and mentoring experience – enthusiasm for engineering and offshore wind.
- A strong focus on issuing deliverables on time to quality. The ability to manage your time effectively and organise others across several projects if required.
- Capable of managing and developing great client relationships, focusing on meeting their requirements, identifying and solving their challenges while ensuring our commercial interests.
- Flexible to travel for meetings or short periods of work away
Advantageous Qualifications & Skills
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Knowledge or experience of automating and digitalising engineering and reporting processes.
- Experience using Oracle Aconex document control and P6 scheduling software.
- Good knowledge of offshore wind LCOE, Devex, Capex and Opex for cost estimation and optimisation.
- Knowledge of HVDC offshore transmission or interconnectors or floating wind farms.
Location: London office based/remote working/travel to DORIS Group international offices and client sites
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind projects. The Offshore Wind Project Manager will be working closely with Senior Management and the technical departments across the Renewables Division Globally.
DORIS GROUP Benefits
- Modern and stylish Wimbledon HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Generous Annual Leave allowance, with an additional holiday every 2 years’ of consecutive work up to 5 additional days.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous Parental Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme including Corporate gym discount
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Active social committee
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS Group being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED