- This role will predominantly provide project management / engineering management services across a range of DORIS Group renewables projects.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Representing DORIS Group and leading long-term relationships with our clients
- Act as a project manager / engineering manager on DORIS Group renewables projects across all project phases from opportunity through to operations
- Championing continuous improvement in the group to encourage robust working behaviours to achieve greater efficiencies, strong delivery and a team ethos.
- Lead engineering activities will all stakeholders
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed and implement mitigations
- Prepare and update technical documentation
- Ensure compliance with DORIS Group and/or project specific engineering and quality procedures
- Provide support and technical leadership to junior engineers, including mentoring and training
- Lead negotiations with preferred suppliers
- Lead numerous new business proposals for offshore wind farm projects.
- Responsible for the cost, time and resource estimates, detailed technical proposal write-ups and proposals completion.
- Report progress of assigned projects to senior Management
Competencies & Soft Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- Leadership skills and management experience
- Engineering delivery background in offshore wind projects
- Have an excellent understanding of the key engineering interfaces in an offshore wind project and how these can be managed
- Strong understanding of the process of developing and constructing an offshore wind farm
- Motivated team worker, encouraging the best from all involved
- Multi-tasking with ability to self-manage workloads and work-loads of others to meet agreed timescales for delivery
- Have a successful track record in engineering delivery
- Experience with managing stakeholders and clients.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety leadership.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
- MEng or equivalent. Chartered Engineer status
Location: London office based/remote working/travel to DORIS Group international offices and client sites
Reports to: Head of Technical Services & Consulting
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind projects. The Offshore WInd Project Manager will be working closely with Senior Management and the technical departments across the Renewables Division.
DORIS GROUP Benefits
- Modern and stylish Wimbledon HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- Hybrid working arrangement – 3 days a week in the office
- Generous Annual Leave allowance, with an additional holiday every 2 years’ of consecutive work up to 5 additional days.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous Parental Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme inlcuding Corporate gym discount
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Active social committee
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS Group being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED