DORIS currently has an opportunity for a Mooring Systems Engineer (Senior or Lead) based in our Paris Headquarters Office.
You would be joining our Renewables & Marine team in Paris. This exciting team of experts and motivated junior engineers supports the entire station keeping business for floating offshore wind and other floating structures for conventional and new energies within DORIS Group. You’ll work to build a renewable energy future and as a team to set the standard amongst our peers. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the design and engineering of mooring systems for floating facilities including wind turbine generator floating foundations and/or oil and gas platforms in the offshore environment.
1. The role
- Carry out in-place mooring analyses and design of offshore station keeping systems for floaters including wind turbine generator foundations, substation platforms or conventional (e.g. LNG) and new energies (e.g. H2, NH3) facilities
- Undertake concept, pre-FEED, FEED and detailed designs
- Participate in offshore installation campaigns (upon opportunity)
- Carry out analyses involving the fatigue of chain links (OPB/IPB)
- Provide technical supervision to junior engineers as required
2. Support personnel:
The role will be supported by a number of other personnel in DORIS Group, these may comprise the following:
- Project Engineering Manager
- Renewables & Marine Department Manager
- Project Lead Engineer
- Marine systems designers and CAD operators
3. Key competences:
- Recent senior level experience in the design of mooring systems for offshore structures (over 5-years experience in OWF or oil and gas)
- Strong experience and knowledge of offshore wind regulations, codes of practice and design standards
- Familiarity with current OWF foundation design practices and developments
- Experience in Ariane or OrcaFlex software
4. Competences considered as plus:
- Familiarity with integrated load assessment (combined wind and wave analysis in the time domain)
- Familiarity with time domain, spectral and deterministic methods of fatigue assessment
- Familiarity with anchoring systems such drag anchors, driven piles…, soil interaction
- Assessing, reviewing and interpreting input from mooring line and fairlead system vendors (liaising with consultants for detailed design)
- Experience in Hydrostar, NAPA, OrcaWave or comparable
- Experience in Python
- Commercially aware
- Able and willing to lead junior engineers
- Able and willing to express opinion and defend their professional judgement
- Diligent and conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Masters’ Degree in a station keeping / offshore / mechanical / marine engineering or related discipline.
- 8-12 years post-graduation experience in offshore mooring systems engineering.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send your CV and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org