At DORIS you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. DORIS is unique and often takes engineering projects from feasibility to completion and beyond, developing innovative and optimized solutions for offshore energy engineering. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original and innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Materials & Corrosion Engineer based in our Paris Headquarters Office.
DORIS France is looking for an experienced materials and corrosion engineer who will address the materials and corrosion activities autonomously with the collaboration of Lead corrosion engineer.
Your range of activity will cover all markets addressed by DORIS France: Oil & Gas, Hydrogen, Carbon dioxide Capture and Storage (CCS), Marine Renewable Energies, offshore and onshore engineering. Your scope of responsibilities will encompass engineering projects and discipline development.
- Engineering projects
You will be involved in a large range of projects from conceptual phases to construction phases with a wide variety of activities, including but not limited to:
- Internal corrosion design, erosion/corrosion rate assessment, material selection, corrosion monitoring system…,
- External corrosion design, painting & insulation, cathodic protection (either by sacrificial anodes or ICCP),
- Survey preparation,
- Production of project engineering documents (e.g. Materials Selection, Corrosion Management, Painting/Insulation Specification, Cathodic Protection Specification & Calculation note).
- Production of technical notes for reporting of study results
- Assist with preparation, checking Engineering deliverables including those from other disciplines (Process, PVV, Mechanical, etc.)
You will liaise and cooperate with other DORIS technical disciplines (process, layout, 3D model, structure, subsea…) as part of your assignment on project.
- Discipline development
As experienced Materials & Corrosion engineer, you will participate in maintaining DORIS experience and adapt methodologies and knowhow to the evolution of state of the art and to the market needs. This includes involvement in R&D activities through internal studies, development of engineering tools.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- M. Sc or equivalent with specialization in materials engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in offshore & onshore corrosion engineering for Oil & Gas project
- Experience in metallurgy/welding will be a plus
- Experience in cathodic protection design (especially onshore CP design) with a certification will be a plus
- Experience in Hydrogen Project and CO2 Capture and Storage would be a plus
- English Fluent – Good written (including report writing) and verbal communication,
- Good working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes of practice, international standards
- Good experience with Corrosion prediction models and Erosion rates calculations
- Mobility for site surveys for projects in France and abroad offshore and onshore, also for collaboration with foreign DORIS subsidiaries.
Please send your CV and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org