Why join DORIS?
We are looking to recruit personnel who are interested in working on energy projects that are significant, challenging, and varied. At DORIS, we maintain a creative, supporting working environment, placing our people at the core of our business and we are committed to a culture of staff development and retainment.
Working across multiple offshore wind projects, the primary focus for the Graduate Project Engineer is to provide project engineering services in support of the Project Manager / Engineering Manager. The Graduate Project Engineer will also support the Bid Manager in the preparation of proposals.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Complete specifically assigned technical work to time and cost
- Present specifically assigned technical work in presentations / meetings
- Draft technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
- Check technical reports to ensure they are well written and presented
- Support Project Manager / Engineering Manager on larger renewable scopes of work
- Interface with other disciplines to ensure delivery of scopes of work
- Liaise with clients, external companies, and subcontractors
- Report project progress to Project Manager
- Maintain and update project CTRs
- Support numerous new business proposals for offshore wind farm projects
- Support CTR estimates and technical proposal write-ups & completion
- Work as a reliable member of the team
Competencies & Soft Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. “Can-do” attitude
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Excellent report writing skills essential
- Detail conscientious
- Strong IT literacy
- Ability to multi-task
- Commercial awareness
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Strong work ethic
- Common sense judgement
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
- Meng or MSc, working towards Chartership with a professional body
What is in it for you?
The biggest advantage of joining DORIS is the exposure you will receive when working within the Project Engineering Department of an established and leading consultancy across global Offshore Wind projects.
DORIS GROUP Benefits
- Modern and stylish Wimbledon HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Generous Annual Leave allowance, with an additional holiday every 2 years’ of consecutive work up to 5 additional days.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous Parental Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme inlcuding Corporate gym discount
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Active social committee
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS Group being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED