What we offer:
The role will initially be within the 2-year DORIS UK Graduate training scheme which provides a structured approach to continued professional development through core competencies, leadership project management courses, and professional registration. At the end of it, you will have the knowledge and experience to meet the demands of our industry, business, customers, and projects. Every graduate has a personal mentor with whom they work closely to devise a programme that meets our business needs and aspirations. We will support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution. Our graduates enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunities and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
The key aims of the role are:
- The intent of this role is to train someone, through hands-on experience, and mentoring, to become a competent Piping Engineer
- Commitment to SHEQ and continuous improvement as an Engineer
Scope of Responsibilities:
A commitment to learn and improve, generally as an engineer and more specifically in the tasks related to Piping Engineering, including, but not limited to the following:
- Functioning as part of a team of engineers and will mainly aid other engineers, or be responsible under close supervision
- Production of Piping drawings (Isometrics, Layouts, Gas, etc.) within AutoCAD as well as pdf mark-up tools
- Producing and checking piping deliverables
- Production of Piping SP and Valve datasheets and MTOs
- Production of Piping reports and specifications.
- Attendance at progress and project meetings
- Ensuring the consistency of discipline output by the implementation of corporate procedures, tools, and industry codes & standards
- An understanding of Pipe Stress analysis and Supports
- Complete the DORIS GROUP Graduate Development Programme
- Corporate reporting line is to respective Piping & Design Group Manager.
- May support either as a piping engineer or specialist on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design, or EPC project
- Undertakes specific tasks/areas of work as defined by the principal/senior engineer to support Projects
- Works to the requirements of the Piping & Plant Layout Design Deliverables and 3D Model
- Undertakes specialist activities or reviews of pant layout & piping design engineering
- Executes work in compliance with client specification, DORIS’s ISO-accredited QMS, and project-specific procedures, guides, and standards
- Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews and Process Safety, Operations, and Maintenance
- Providing input to the preparation of deliverables by other engineers
- Providing input and support to decision-making by other engineers
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Typically, a master’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge in the field of Plant Layout Engineering in the oil and gas sector.
- Working knowledge with basic or preliminary Process input (H&M Balance, Block Diagrams, Flow Diagrams)
- Hands on 3D Model engineering tools and software skills capability (e.g., S3D, E3D, or Plant 3D)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn
- Good Communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to learn to meet deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving mind
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS Group is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing law.
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS Group is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.