At the DORIS GROUP, we design, build, install and decommission many offshore structures, supporting the Renewables as well as Oil & Gas & New Transitions (OGT) business lines
The key requirements are:
- Support the Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer in the preparation and delivery of geotechnical studies, designs and reports
- Conduct data assessments and geotechnical analyses
We offer flexible working environment, with hybrid (office + home) to suit individual and project needs.
In joining the Doris UK’s geotechnical team, you will have excellent opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and with strong support from the company and team members.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Carry out geotechnical calculations according to industry standards (generally ISO & DNV)
- Support on issues related with cable burial and OWF construction
- Bespoke geotechnical problem solving and solution justification
- Client liaison in the preparation of geotechnical reports
- Maintain time and project records
- Support in proposals to secure additional works
Competencies & Soft Skills (Essential/ Preferable):
- (Essential) Good working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes of practice and standards, particularly for OWF and O&G projects
- (Essential) Good written and verbal communication skills
- (Essential) Motivated, team work
- (Essential) Attention to details
- (Essential) Awareness of applicable developing geotechnical engineering technology and analysis techniques/methodologies
- (Preferable) Experienced with proposals and CTR preparation
- (Preferable) Proficiency in the geotechnical finite element analysis and modelling software suites an advantage
Civil Engineering Degree.
Practical knowledge of ground investigation, geotechnical engineering and geological processes.
Able to demonstrate good analytical skills for innovative solutions for the clients
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process
DORIS GROUP is an equal opportunities employer
To comply with immigration legislation, DORIS GROUP is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon DORIS GROUP being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED