DORIS is a leading provider of cutting-edge engineering services, specializing in the development of both conventional and sustainable energies. As the demand for electrification as well as green hydrogen and its derivatives continues to surge worldwide and carbon capture solutions are seen as a leverage to reduce unavoidable industrial CO2 emissions, we are dedicated to driving innovation in this space and shaping a more sustainable future.
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager position for our New Energy and Renewable activities based in our Paris Headquarters Office. You will be part of the New Energy business line, focusing on the European / Mediterranean zone and reporting directly to the Vice President Business Development for the EMEA Region.
- Role & Responsibilities:
DORIS New Energy and Renewables business lines aim at supporting developers in scaling-up new energy production solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
For the New Energies Business Line, you will act as Business Development Manager playing a key role in identifying and securing new business opportunities within the various new energies markets such as Green Hydrogen, E-fuels and Carbon Capture Markets for our engineering and consulting services.
For the Renewable Business Line, you will play the role of facilitator to generate new leads and leverage existing business development activities led by the business line for the development of the offshore wind market.
Your primary focus will be on cultivating relationships with potential clients, understanding their needs, and effectively communicating the value of our services with the objective of increasing the number of opportunities for DORIS.
Your main roles will be as follows:
- Market Research & Analysis: Conduct in-depth market research to identify potential clients, competitors, and emerging trends in the industry (i.e. Green Hydrogen, E-fuels Carbon Capture and Offshore Wind).
- Business Development: Build and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified leads and opportunities for engineering services.
- Client Engagement: Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders in potential client organizations, understand their requirements, and effectively communicate the value of our services.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the DORIS organization to develop customized propositions that align with client needs, demonstrating our expertise in Green Hydrogen, E-fuels, Carbon Capture and Offshore Wind
- Proposal Creation: Collaborate with the technical team and tendering team to support the development of tailored proposals and presentations that showcase our capabilities and address client needs.
- Contract Negotiation: Lead negotiations and contract discussions to close deals in a manner that aligns with our business objectives and ensures a win-win outcome.
- Industry Networking: Represent DORIS at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to enhance our brand visibility and expand our network
- Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, and progress towards targets
- Marketing & Communication: Support communication actions (social network, conferences, podcast, videos, marketing material…)
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Very strong collaborative and team spirit. Ability to reach out across organizational boundaries.
- Good technical acumen and understanding of one or several of these energy production solutions: Green Hydrogen, Green Ammonia, E-fuels, Carbon Capture technologies, Offshore Wind.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and driven to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Willingness to travel within Europe and Mediterranean region as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
- Established industry network and prior experience working with clients in the Green Hydrogen, Green Ammonia, E-fuels, carbon capture and / or offshore wind sectors is highly advantageous.
- Minimum BS/BA Degree, Engineering Degree
- 10 years of experience in the industry or energy sector
- Languages: English (fluent), French (fluent). Any additional languages would be a plus.
- What DORIS will bring to you in this position:
DORIS support its employee’s growth and development in various ways. For this particular BD Manager position, DORIS will focus on:
- Training and Development: DORIS will offer regular training sessions to enhance your skills and knowledge. Depending on your level of expertise (business and technical), your management will ensure you will acquire all the capabilities to improve your efficiency and feel confident in achieving your objectives.
- Management & Mentoring: At DORIS, we know that mentoring employees is a rewarding experience that can have a positive impact on their personal and professional development. Direct management ensures to build a positive relationship, sets clear expectations and shares experience to support new employee integration and growth. DORIS managers are flexible and will adapt the level of management to its team members by ensuring a transparent communication.
- Work Life Balance: While all the companies strive to have efficient employees, we, at DORIS, think that a good work life balance is one of the keys to succeed. The BD department is result oriented and not time oriented. The management will thus ensure the workload is matching with employee capabilities and will continuously support him / her in overcoming the new challenges.
- Recognition: DORIS’ unique asset is people. This is why we value efforts of our employees and celebrate the achievement of our team members. We look after empowering our employees and supporting their evolution in the company.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
DORIS is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send your CV and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org